Sunday, April 29, 2012

Book Review: A TEMPTATION OF ANGELS by Michelle Zink

A Temptation of AngelsA Temptation of Angels by Michelle Zink
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A worthy and enthralling read. I loved the atmosphere of Zink's Victorian London setting and the mythic, angelic underbelly. Although wingless, these angels, assigned as Keepers of the Earth and by nature, protectors of humanity, must face a greater evil than they know while tracking down an unknown killer among them.

This is the first angel book I've read, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. What a great introduction and a great read. Thank you, Michelle, for writing a compelling and intricate story that tugs the reader along and remains elusive, like smoke at the beginning of each chapter.

I would recommend this to anyone, and appreciate the fact that while it was edgy and sexy, and for Helen, it was surely a temptation to be surrounded by so many choices, there was nothing gratuitous and inappropriate as well. A younger reader could enjoy this as well without concern.

I look forward to the next books in this series (please be more than one), and I am also eager to read the Prophecy of the Sisters series as well. Sorry I am coming late to that party, Michelle. Fortunately, I did come. A lovely story. I can't wait to see where you go next, although I have a few suspicions.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment