Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Book Review: THROUGH THE EVER NIGHT by Veronica Rossi (Book 2 of UNDER THE NEVER SKY)

Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)
Also see my review of Under the Never Sky





Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The sequel rivals UtNS for great book, and that's because Rossi's characters are so well developed and real, that I literally missed them and only came to this realization once I started reading TtEN. This series is amazing. Not the least of which is a fully developed dystopian read that has so many twists I can't keep from reeling. It's like the Aether is funneling and spiraling back up over and over as I turn each page. Just like the storms grow in intensity and frequency THROUGH THE EVER NIGHT, I found myself gasping for breath as I read.

What an amazing read! 5/5 stars are just a FRACTION (see what I did there?) of what this book deserves. If you haven't read these books, and ROAR AND LIV, what are you waiting for? C'mon. Get with the program.

This is one of those rare gems of a series that the second book builds upon the first and is even better. You can tell as you read Rossi KNOWS her characters. Those characters that are returning are even more complex and rich in development and the new and minor characters are given moments to shine amidst the crackling Aether. The storms and the tension of book 2 really pick up and all the stakes are higher and more risky than they were in UNDER THE NEVER SKY.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and hope to see another interlude story available since I know I will be struggling to wait patiently for INTO THE STILL BLUE (book 3), which has a tentative release date of January 2014. While that's not terribly far off, I need to have more of my favorite characters and I've got just the perfect idea: Cinder and Willow. I need to know more than what's hinted at in the story. I won't say more than names to avoid spoilers, but, please hear my plea Veronica and sate my readerly hunger, at least TIDE me over. Please?

I can't wait to see where this goes in book 3. I'm over the moon in love with this series. What an incredibly great and worthwhile read!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment