Saturday, January 25, 2014

Book Review: DIVERGENT by Veronica Roth

Divergent (Divergent, #1)
Also see my review of Insurgent





Divergent by Veronica Roth
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was such an amazing and powerfully written debut by Veronica Roth. I am thrilled to know this is a trilogy, because I don't want to let go of these characters anytime soon. I may have to reread this just to satisfy my cravings for Tris and Four.

Roth did an amazing job of pulling back the curtain as the reader progresses through this book. With a full cast of characters, the five factions, and an eerily conceived, futuristic Chicago, this story is immediately captivating and a crazy roller coaster ride from the first jump off the top of a building (I'm NOT kidding!) to the heart-thumping leaps from MOVING trains! In DIVERGENT, you get a closer look at Abnegation and Dauntless, two of the five factions present in this futuristic dystopia struggling to appear as the Utopia it means to be.

I love this book, and can't wait for the next installment, INSURGENT.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment