Wednesday, December 23, 2015

You Bought My Book? May I Gift You Another, Please?

So, this happened: my debut YA novel, THE PACKING HOUSE, has officially gone live for pre-order on Amazon. This is an exciting moment for me, and I'm thrilled to share the results with you.


http://www.amazon.com/Packing-House-G-Donald-Cribbs-ebook/dp/B019J7MBDS/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8
 
http://www.amazon.com/Packing-House-G-Donald-Cribbs-ebook/dp/B019J7MBDS/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8
 
 

You may have noticed from the picture above that the publication date is January 18, 2016, which is also Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, and Civil Rights Day. What an honor to share this book with you on such an important day from our history, and one that directly connects with the book. In addition, January 18, 2016 is also the first day of the week long event, Anti Name-Calling, or Anti-Bullying Week. I will be posting about these events as we get closer to book launch.

Of course, I would not be here without the amazing team I've worked together with over the past six months: working through final edits with my amazing editor, Jessica West, and equally stunning work with my proof reader, Kathryn Galan, and the exquisite cover art, from artist extraordinaire, Greg Simanson. Each of us have more than delivered to make this a debut worthy of your time to read, and I hope to enjoy.

Buzz has already been growing for this novel, and I couldn't be more pleased with the many 5/5 star reviews readers have given to THE PACKING HOUSE. You can add it on GoodReads here:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25409437-the-packing-house

Since I was given the opportunity to post a pre-order, I wanted to give you, my readers, something extra special as a thank you for buying and reading my book. I met with my book manager, April Gerard, and we came up with a companion book to go along with THE PACKING HOUSE. I mean, really: what goes better with a book than another book?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28238226-fish-out-of-water


In THE PACKING HOUSE, there are 12 poems introduced between some of the chapters, as they fit into the story. The poems tell their own story, growing progressively more and more specific, and directed at what is causing Joel, my main character, nightmares he can't seem to avoid.

I cannot even believe how gorgeous this companion book of poetry, a poetry chapbook called FISH OUT OF WATER, has turned out. I was thrilled to work with Michelle Fairbanks, who took these poems and made the most stunning 2-page spreads you've ever seen. It's really a special piece of art way beyond what I thought I could put together to thank you, so I hope you'll consider buying the book, since that is the only way to get one of the limited edtion chapbooks. Here's a peek at what you'll get when you pre-order the Kindle or purchase the paperback:


If you'd like to peek at more of these pages, check them out here, here, here, here, and here.

I know buying a book from a debut author is a risk. You have no idea if what I wrote is any good. Well, I've got a few options to help you resolve that problem, and take a chance on this much needed book.

Click the tab at the top of this blog, THE PACKING HOUSE Excerpt, or go to my website and sign up via email to receive occasional newsletters to stay updated on events, giveaways, signings and more. For signing up, as a thank you from me, you'll receive a chapter 1-3 preview of THE PACKING HOUSE, before you can even buy the book!

Lastly, allow me to explain the two offers available to you now to receive a limited edition poetry chapbook companion, FISH OUT OF WATER, from me as a thank you for purchasing my debut:

1. Pre-order the Kindle Version (only available for the first 50 who pre-order) and receive the PDF of the entire FISH OUT OF WATER chapbook, delivered to the email of your choice.

2. Buy the paperback of THE PACKING HOUSE on 1/18/16 or beyond (only available to the first 50 who purchase a paperback copy), and let me know what address I can mail your free autographed, numbered, limited-edition chapbook, FISH OUT OF WATER.

In order to qualify, please take a screen capture (control + alt + print screen) to copy the picture of your receipt to your clipboard, and then use Paint to paste a copy and save it as a .jpeg. Email this to me at: gdcribbs@gmail.com and let me know what email address I am sending your PDF (for Kinde Pre-orders only), or your mailing address (for paperback purchases only). Both of these offers are first come, first serve, and limited to the first fifty purchases for each format.

Again, thank you very much for your interest in my book, and watch for the GoodReads Giveaway everyone is welcome to enter (posting soon!). Good Luck! I hope to hear from you with your receipt purchases, and I cannot wait to hear how you experienced THE PACKING HOUSE and FISH OUT OF WATER.

No comments:

Post a Comment